It’s no longer an unfamiliar situation to have catarrh or feel the extreme discomfort it causes when you are battling with it. Aside the discomfort it causes your body, it can also reduce your interaction with people, embarrass you in public places and even scarce people away from you because most people find it irritating while others have the belief that it can be transmitted through close contact.
Catarrh basically has no time or season that it dominates the victims body and so it is very common to everybody. Catarrh is caused mainly by dusty substances getting into the nose and mouth, change of weather, eating spicy foods, viruses, allergies and even some medication amongst others, while cold is another cause of the ailment. For some people, they experience catarrh for at least two days with or without medication while others find medications like syrups very helpful in countering the ailment.
If you are one of those people who have been looking for the best home remedies to take care of your catarrh and spend little or nothing at all just so you can feel good again, you are on the right track as I will be sharing to you the most effective home remedy that works for me and a lot of people around me. I will be taking you through a step by step tutorial on how you can apply this method for effective result. Please note that this may not be as effective as you wish because of the different body system we have, but I bet you, it is worth trying out as it works for a large number of people that have tried it out.
WHAT IS CATARRH?
The term catarrh, or postnasal drip, describes a buildup of mucus in the back of the nose, throat, or sinuses.
WHAT IS MUCUS?
Mucus is a slippery, fluid substance that the mucus glands in the nose and throat produce. It helps moisten the nasal passages while trapping any debris, viruses, or bacteria a person inhales. This helps prevent pathogens from getting into the body, where they could cause an infection.
The body makes 1–2 quarts of mucus every day. After production, the mucus drips down the back of the nose and into the throat.
Usually, people swallow the mucus without thinking about it. However, sometimes, the mucus can build up in the nose, throat, or sinuses.
SYMPTOMS OF CATARRH
- A tickling feeling of mucus draining into the throat
- Rasping or gurgling when talking
- Feeling as though there is a lump in the throat
- Having to clear the throat frequently
- Having to swallow frequently
- Difficulty swallowing
- A sore throat
- A blocked or stuffy nose
- A headache
- Facial pain
- A loss of taste or smell
- Difficulty sleeping
STEPS TO FOLLOW TO APPLY THE HOME REMEDY
1. Get a towel and menthol substance
2. Get a deep container (E.g a cup you don’t use) to avoid the fluid dropping inside
3. Boil clean water (Till it starts bringing out enough steam)
4. Pour the water into the container moderately
5. Pour the menthol substance into the container with the water
6. Cover your head with the towel with your face ready to inhale
7. Use a stick, spoon or any object to stir the mixture with your face close to it (don’t get too close to avoid accident)
8. Open your mouth and nose to inhale as much steam that you can
9. Take a break if you begin to feel uncomfortable and continue when you feel regain your energy
10. Blow out the fluid that comes out during this process
You can repeat this meditation twice a day. After following these steps, make sure you take a rest and drink enough water because they are also effective in relieving catarrh. If there are no improvements, please try seeing a doctor or health expert for advanced treatment.